Lifting Threads Post Instructions
By following some simple guidelines post treatment, it can make all the difference by reducing some possible side effects associated with this specific procedure:
1. Gently wash the treated areas on the same day but do not rub or massage the face for 2-3 days.
2. Things to expect: A stinging or “pulling” pain or discomfort is normal. Take Tylenol/Advil 500 mg 1-2 tablets every 6 hours as directed as long as these are okay by your primary physician.
3. Things to avoid:
-Temperature extremes such as sauna or very cold climate for 10 days.
-Avoid physical exercise/workouts for at least 72hours post procedure.
-Avoid having Radio Frequency (RF) or any heat producing device (laser, IPL, etc.) treatments of the thread treated areas for at least 10 weeks.
-Please make sure you do not have any facials or massages for at least 2wks post thread treatment, as you will not be able to have any manipulation to area post treatment.
4. You may apply arnica gel to bruised areas if present.
5. If you are performing treatment to lateral face, please be sure you do not have any dental appointments scheduled for the next 4wks post treatment. Keep in mind that you will not be able to open your mouth/jaw wide and will need to cut your food into pieces for the next 2wks; apples, hamburgers, sandwiches, etc.
6. Micropore tape will be applied to all insertion points. Tape should remain to open areas for at least 2days. If the tape is till present after 2days you may gently remove tape and be sure area is clean.
7. Please be sure you have a 2wk follow up scheduled with your provider.